Welcome to emma!
The European Media Management Association (emma) is an international not-for-profit academic organisation that was founded in 2003 to support growth in media management research, scholarship and practice throughout Europe and around the world.
Who are emma’s members?
emma has two categories of membership. 1) Individual members are active in media management education and research at universities, companies and other organisations. 2) Institutional members are university departments, institutes and programmes, as well as media companies and other organisations, interested in media management research and education. Choosing institutional membership allows the organisation to enrol up to ten individuals.
What are the benefits of emma membership?
emma members enjoy a wide range of benefits. Most participate in our annual conference and members receive discounted rates on a variety of valued materials and services. Participation in conferences and projects provide opportunities for building professional networks. Our membership is a welcoming, diverse and lively community. Specifically, every emma member receives:
- Reduced participation fees for the annual emma conference
- Access to members-only areas of the emma website to access papers from past conferences and documents related to the Association’s business
- A personal subscription to our flagship Journal of Media Business Studies at a steep discount
- Subscription discounts for two additional journals that are especially important in this field (International Journal on Media Management and Journal of Media Economics)
- Opportunity to join special interest groups (SIG) working on academic topics of shared focus among groups in the emma community, and to propose new groups
- Discounts on editing and proof reading services for articles and books
- A say in the Association’s business and development at the Annual General Assembly held in conjunction with our conference
Joining the emma community is fast and easy. Click on the Members area box in the menu bar and choose to become a member. If you have any problems or difficulties please contact the emma Treasurer for assistance: email@example.com