- Please ensure that you check the emma website and update your preferences on your own membership page and change your password at least once a year.
- Please read this policy in conjunction with other documents relating to the association’s statutes.
Collection of Personal Information
- The processing of personal data, such as the name, address, e-mail address, or telephone number of a subscriber or member will always be in line with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and related legislation covered by Estonian legislation.
may collect personal information about you in the following ways:
- any data which you provide when you complete and submit a membership application
- any data that you provide via postings that you make to the emma website
- during any direct transaction with emma
- emma may also receive information about you from a colleague who is co-ordinating your organisation’s group membership. They need to follow your own GDPR rules.
Storage and retention of your information
- emma will keep your information on a secure server. We have instigated SSL technology with our server host. The security policies which emma has implemented are intended to safeguard your information from unauthorised access and improper use.
Use of your information
may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- administering your website account(s) and otherwise in connection with any service for which you have provided your information, including any email alertsand transactions with us
- responding to any enquiry you make
- subject to your consent, sending you newsletters and/or alerts and information regarding emma for generating aggregated statistics about users, traffic patterns etc of the emma website
- emma will not disclose your information to any third parties.
Conference registration, the OCS
To access the emma conference website, the OCS, emma may require you to register and provide certain information about yourself. This will be compliant with the overall emma policy.
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems and are required to keep the information confidential. Only two people have total administrative rights. Other officers of the board have agreed appropriate access for their role.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Check the information on your member’s page and select what is public and what is only shared with fellow members.
- If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
- If you want all of your data to be deleted after your membership expires, please inform us through contacting our treasurer.