The European Media Management Association (emma) is an international not-for-profit academic organization that was founded in 2003 to support growth in media management research, scholarship and practice throughout Europe and around the world.
Who can join emma?
emma has two categories of membership: (1) individual members, who are active in media management education and research at universities, companies and other organizations, and (2) institutional members, comprising university departments, institutes and programmes, as well as media companies and other organizations, interested in media management research and education. Choosing institutional membership allows the organization to enrol up to ten individuals.
What are the benefits of emma membership?
emma members enjoy a wide range of benefits. Most members participate in our annual conferences and enjoy the multiple networking opportunities we offer as part of the membership package. Members also receive discounted rates on a variety of valued materials and services, and constitute a welcoming, diverse and lively community. Specifically, emma members enjoy:
- reduced participation fees for the annual emma conference
- eligibility to apply for an emma conference grant, an emma summer school grant and an emma research grant
- a personal online subscription to our flagship Journal of Media Business Studies
- access to our members-only area of the emma website to access documents related to the association’s business
- discounts on emma-related publications, such as the newly published edited volume by Ulrike Rohn and Tom Evens (2020): Media Management Matters: Challenges and Opportunities for Bridging Theory and Practice (New York: Routledge)
- a say in the association’s business and development at the Annual General Assembly (AGA) held in conjunction with our conference.
Joining the emma community is quick and easy. Click on the Members’ area box in the menu bar and opt to become a member. If you have any problems or difficulties, please contact the emma treasurer for assistance @ firstname.lastname@example.org